Re: [opensuse-packaging] packaging made simple.
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 08:30:02 +0200
Am Saturday 19 August 2006 19:44 schrieb Pascal Bleser:
> jdd wrote:
> > Pascal Bleser a écrit :
> >> "packaging made simple" - I'm afraid it's not simple, at least making
> >> good packages isn't.
> >
> > I'm sure there are case where it's simple.
> > sometime a small hammer is better than a big one :-)
>
> Of course, you're right, I maintain RPMs for over 700 projects and it's
> just about 4 or 5 years I'm building RPMs every single day.
>
> Who am I to tell you that from my experience, it's not an easy task.
>
> So, what do you want ? Us to make the spec file for you or *learn* how
> to build RPMs ?

I think we speak more about to create packages without the need to deal with
spec/dsc/whatever files. We have a running Google summer of code project
which tries to achieve this. (for instance, you can really easy create spec
files for perl modules, kde apps and so on).

The code is already inside the opensuse/buildservice svn on forge.novell.com

bye
adrian

--

Adrian Schroeter