Re: [opensuse-packaging] packaging made simple.
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 21:25:33 +0200
Pascal Bleser a écrit :

So, what do you want ? Us to make the spec file for you or *learn* how
to build RPMs ?

I notice that some very simple utilities and very usefull (the makethumb.sh I took as example, but also sitecopy - time ago, at least) are not available from SUSE repositories.

I could download them and use or compile them easily, so the task of including them should not be that difficult.

I can't see why compiling an utility and installing it with make/automake should be simpler than make a rpm for that.

If there are reason for rpm to be so, I want to enlight them, if not I want also to make this clear.

however, I've seen many individuals making rpm for single application (LyX), so I doubt this to be as difficult as it seems.

time ago (nearly ten years, now) I was said: "Linux is not for anybody, it's too complicated"

I never beleived that.

May be because I'm a teacher :-)

in summary, I would like to make clear in what case a very simple (some clear steps) rpm can be made and when it can't. some kind of "if your application have this and this, you can make a rpm with this recipe, else better not or read more doc"

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://lucien.dodin.net