[opensuse-packaging] packaging made simple.
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 12:07:15 +0200
I began asking on factory for a simple way of packaging and
the thread become long and interesting and probably better here.

In fact the question comes actually to the spec file content.

The example choosen is for a sh script. I will report on the
wiki once done.

summary:
I asked for the simpler instructions to make an openSUSE
rpm. I took as example the makethumb.sh script, because I
like it and it's not already on openSUSE, and because a
script is probably the simpler example one can find.

don't forget this is just an example. If I should become
officially packager for openSUSE and this script, I of
course should first ask the author, but I won't bother him now.

I would like to work as a packager as simple user on my
computer (not root) if possible.

so I build in ~/Document a "package" folder

I add a makethumb.sh folder there, then in it
sources
rpm
srpm
directories

in sources, I copy the three files I have from this package
on my computer:
makethumb.sh the main script
comment.sh a personal utility related to it
.makethumbrc the setup file I use

I have doc, but did not include it at the time.

Somebody send me an example spec file, I will comment it on
an other post

thanks
jdd
--