Re: [opensuse-packaging] y2pmbuild and suse-update sources
  • From: Henne Vogelsang <hvogel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 21:04:51 +0200
Hi,

On Sunday, August 13, 2006 at 20:06:55, David Keller wrote:
> Thanks for your answer.
>
> > This is because the update repos are in the rpm-md format which knows
> > nothing about file provides (like /bin/sh) but contains files that need
> > this.
> That would actually explain the errors I got concerning e.g. /bin/sh.

Jupp

> > The only way i know to workaround this is to transfer them into
> > the yast2 format with the EXTRA_PROV file from the 10.1 repos.
>
> I guess you meant this file:
> http://mirror.switch.ch/ftp/mirror/opensuse/distribution/SL-10.1/inst-source/suse/setup/descr/EXTRA_PROV
> Doesn't it look quite short?

Yes this one.

> Could you please give me some further hint how to convert it into yast2
> format and howto get it loaded from y2pmbuild?

You need to change the repository so you cant use one from the mirrors
directly. You have to download it to your local harddisk and create the
metadata. See

http://en.opensuse.org/Creating_YaST_Installation_Sources#YaST_Sources

for details.

I have a script that does this on my buildhost. Looks like this

http://hennevogel.de/~hvogel/netsourcesync.sh

You can exchange the directory to download too and get the EXTRA_PROV
file with wget but everything else should be ok.

Henne

--
Henne Vogelsang, http://hennevogel.de
"To die. In the rain. Alone."