Re: [opensuse-packaging] y2pmbuild and suse-update sources
  • From: David Keller <dchkeller@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 20:06:55 +0200
Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

> This is because the update repos are in the rpm-md format which knows
> nothing about file provides (like /bin/sh) but contains files that need
> this.
That would actually explain the errors I got concerning e.g. /bin/sh.
> The only way i know to workaround this is to transfer them into
> the yast2 format with the EXTRA_PROV file from the 10.1 repos.

I guess you meant this file:
http://mirror.switch.ch/ftp/mirror/opensuse/distribution/SL-10.1/inst-source/suse/setup/descr/EXTRA_PROV
Doesn't it look quite short?
Could you please give me some further hint how to convert it into yast2
format and howto get it loaded from y2pmbuild?

Thanks a lot
Regards
David Keller