[opensuse-packaging] y2pmbuild and suse-update sources
  • From: David Keller <dchkeller@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 11:47:06 +0200
Hello,

I just made my first experience with y2pmbuild and packed some
applications and libraries. All worked fine.
Yet I would like to pack a kernel-module and later install it on my
system. Through yast online-update I managed to have kernel-2.6.16.21
installed on my box. But when I try to build the module with y2pmbuild I
get an rpm-file which is built on kernel-2.6.16.13.
My dists_common file looks like this:

****snip*****
# additional sources, specify with url_...
add_sources="suse susenonoss"

# suse here is the one from $add_sources
url_suse="http://mirror.switch.ch/ftp/mirror/opensuse/distribution/SL-10.1/inst-source/";
url_susenonoss="http://mirror.switch.ch/ftp/mirror/opensuse/distribution/SL-10.1/non-oss-inst-source/";
url_suseupdate="http://mirror.switch.ch/ftp/pub/suse/update/10.1";
*****snip*****

Don't care about the hard-coded version in the sources yet (I know how
to replace it with a more general formulation, but had no need to do it
so far).
Seemingly it is not possible to add the source suseupdate by replacing
the add_sources-tag with add_sources="suse susenonoss suseupdate". This
results in a lot of unresolved conflicts in the initialization of y2pmbuild.

Does somebody know a workaround?

Thanks in advance
Regards
David Keller