[opensuse-packaging] Macro documentation
  • From: "Mauricio Teixeira (netmask)" <netmask@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 22:16:31 -0300
Two situations, then the question.

Situation #1. I was having trouble compiling a package today. I needed a
patch to be applied if (and only if) the package would build on a 64 bit
machine. I couldn't find any direct reference on how to do that on the
spec. Someone on the IRC told me to use "%ifarch x86_64".

Situation #2. Sometime back I was trying to build other package that
would need different actions depending on the SUSE release. Again,
someone on the IRC told me to use "%if %{?suse_version:1}0 >= 101".

The question. Those are two simple examples of macros, and tips that
would be very nice to have documented on the wiki. I've found that there
is a "cross distribution how to", but it's very deep hidden on the wiki
(there's no visible link to it, I found using the "category" pages"). So
why not make a better documentation about it?

I would love to help, but at this moment I don't have enough time,
neither enough tech knowledge to help. :(

--
% Mauricio Teixeira (netmask)
% mteixeira{a}webset{d}net <> Maceio/AL/BR

< Previous Next >