[opensuse-packaging] TaskJuggler should be a default install for SUSE 10.2
  • From: Mat Gray <mat.gray@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 15:19:29 +0100
Dear Sir,

I was very disappointed to find that TaskJuggler was not a default install on
SUSE 10.1.

For very large projects, that are heavily interlinked, and change drastically
on a week by week basis a GUI driven Project Management tool is simply
unusable. The text driven interface of TJ allows me to rapidly make vast
changes to my project plan, repeatedly, something that would take 10x as long
using a GUI such as happens in Mr Project.

I can understand a desire to rationalise overlapping tools, such as having 5
different types of word processors, but i want you to understand that TJ is
complimentary to Mr Project, and that together along with Mind-Mapping and
Flow-Charting tools they provide a comprehensive Project Management suite.

I would like this to be considered as strong representation from a SUSE
business user that future SUSE releases should include TaskJuggler as a
default installed application.

Kind regards.

Matthew Gray

(OD)