Re: [opensuse-packaging] Automatically installing "plugins" via dependencies
  • From: Reinhard Max <max@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 13:27:22 +0200 (CEST)
Hi,

I recently had the same problem with the jabberd package. It supports
a variety of database backends, but I didn't want to add all those
libraries to the dependency list of the package, and I didn't want to
add half a dozen plugin packages that contain more metadata than
payload.

So I decided to keep all the plugins in the main package, but exclude
them from the automatic dependency checking.

As jabberd doesn't try to load any plugins it hasn't been configured
for, I think this was the best solution for my case. Not sure how well
it applies to other plugin-capable packages.

cu
Reinhard