[opensuse-packaging] Removing 'gtk' [WAS: The return of usr-local-bin]
  • From: James Ogley <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 11:40:07 +0100
> James, this way you won't see which packages depend on libraries
> provided by gtk. This command shows only those packages which have an
> explicit dependency on gtk.

D'oh! Yes of course, the dumb thing is that when I read Stanislav's
email I thought of xmms as an example of a package that needs gtk...

(Silly James, think, think!) :)

> I agree now that there are still too many packages which depend on GTK1.
> Stanislav has compiled a list here:
> http://lists.opensuse.org/archive/opensuse-packaging/2006-May/0045.html
> It's quite a lot of stuff.

It certainly is. Does anyone know if it's possible to build those
packages using gtk1-compat-devel, or what would be required to do so?
--
James Ogley
james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://usr-local-bin.org