Re: [opensuse-packaging] The return of usr-local-bin
  • From: James Ogley <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 10:58:37 +0100
> but maybe coordinate your work with bill-barriere. iirc he is the guy
> behind http://jarpack.net/. jarpack has a gnome project in the openSUSE
> Build Service (http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service) and he is building
> newer gnome there.

rock on! I'll drop him an email (unless, Bill, you read this list - in
which case please get in touch off-list).

> maybe the buildservice is interesting for you
> aswell.:)

Maybe, last time I looked into the the BS, it wasn't ready yet, I need
to read the docs and stuff and then apply :)

> Furthermore the gnome maintainers at suse will move the former
> gnome supplementary into the buildservice aswell.

That's great news - am I right in thinking that the BS opens the door to
those of us who could be considered 'trusted' community packagers
contributing to 'official' packages?

Off to read the docs now...
--
James Ogley