Re: [opensuse-packaging] The return of usr-local-bin
  • From: Marcus Rueckert <mrueckert@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 11:44:48 +0200
On 2006-06-12 10:26:00 +0100, James Ogley wrote:
> As people will have noticed I've been the epitome of inactivity on the
> packaging front for the last couple of months since my build machine
> suffered a catastrophic hardware failure. The good news is that next
> week I should commission a replacement machine and be back in
> business.
>
> Expect the usual bleeding-edge versions of GNOME apps, including some of
> the smaller bits & bobs that just make the desktop a friendlier place to
> be (mail-notification anyone?).
>
> The great news of course is that with each successive version of SUSE
> this is a smaller and smaller job for me as the GNOME setup keeps
> getting better and better.
>
> One thing I can't promise though is a full GNOME 2.14 (or even 2.15)
> build - don't know if I'll have the time. That said, the last time I
> did a complete set of desktop packages it only took two days so you
> never know...

welcome back james!:)

but maybe coordinate your work with bill-barriere. iirc he is the guy
behind http://jarpack.net/. jarpack has a gnome project in the openSUSE
Build Service (http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service) and he is building
newer gnome there. maybe the buildservice is interesting for you
aswell.:)

Furthermore the gnome maintainers at suse will move the former
gnome supplementary into the buildservice aswell.

welcome back again james,

darix

--
openSUSE - SUSE Linux is my linux