Re: [opensuse-packaging] Automatically installing "plugins" via dependencies
  • From: Klaus Kaempf <kkaempf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 15:13:34 +0200
* Marcus Rueckert <mrueckert@xxxxxxx> [Jun 08. 2006 15:10]:
> On 2006-06-08 14:36:48 +0200, Klaus Kaempf wrote:
> > > Freshens: doesn't seem to be supported by rpmbuild, I get
> > >
> > > error: line 7: Unknown tag: Freshens: unixODBC
> > >
> > > also grep -i "freshens" in our current rpm source tree doesn't show
> > > anything. Maybe it's just a dependency used internally in ZYPP (for
> > > patches?), but not in rpm?
>
> Enhances?

No, not quite. Enhances is a weaker 'supplements' and completely ignored
by the dependency solver. The intended use for 'enhances' is by applications
like SuSEplugger to present the user a list of packages which are useful
for a specific task (i.e. support of a device).

So enhances is just additional information but does not trigger any
action.

Klaus