Re: [opensuse-packaging] Automatically installing "plugins" via dependencies
  • From: Michal Marek <mmarek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 15:10:38 +0200
Klaus Kaempf wrote:
> * Michal Marek <mmarek@xxxxxxx> [Jun 07. 2006 14:25]:
>> Michael Schroeder wrote:
>>> You need enhances/supplements with AND for this, i.e. in package
>>> libL-plugin add:
>>>
>>> Supplements(and): unixODBC mysql-shared
>>>
>>> We don't have support for this yet, though.
>> ^^^
>>
>> This means that such feature is planned? Wow...
>
> Yes.
>
> For now, you can work around by specifying a 'freshens' as
>
> Freshens: unixODBC
> Supplements: mysql-shared

Freshens: doesn't seem to be supported by rpmbuild, I get

error: line 7: Unknown tag: Freshens: unixODBC

also grep -i "freshens" in our current rpm source tree doesn't show
anything. Maybe it's just a dependency used internally in ZYPP (for
patches?), but not in rpm?

> This is internally evaluated as 'if unixODBC and mysql-shared are installed,
> then install this package'.

Yes, this would be exactly what I need.

Michal