Re: [opensuse-marketing] Articles
  • From: Bryen M Yunashko <suserocks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 08:32:49 -0600
On Mon, 2013-01-21 at 12:06 +0100, Jos Poortvliet wrote:
Meanwhile, the OBS is getting close to 40.000 repositories and
200.000
packages!!! It would be cool to do an article on that in the coming
weeks/months (when we reach the threshold). It could have a bit of
history
and where we are now, with quotes from a few of the involved people.
Anyone
interested in doing this? I know Helen is real good at articles like
this...
??

We'd give it some decent exposure, do a press release on it etc - OBS
deserves some fresh attention.

If I may make a suggestion, a news release of sorts = read once and
forget.

Instead, perhaps, build some excitement so that it generates ongoing
conversation and interest. Create some sort of campaign event where
we're all watching the countdown as it reaches the X-goal.

After all, the main goal for talking about OBS and packaging is to get
more people involved and contributing. If we're in a reactive position,
where we are announcing a passed-milestone, it lessens the motivation
for people to say "ooh, I want to be a part of this!"

This will generate sustained noise over a period of time rather than a
one time "Yay, we did it" and be done with it article.

Bryen