Re: [opensuse-marketing] Next try for G+?
  • From: Manu Gupta <manugupt1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 14:01:57 +0530
Also, There are already quite a few groups named openSUSE, we need to
control it otherwise it will be lik fb

Regards
Manu

On 2011-11-07 19:53:24 (+0100), Kim Leyendecker
<leyendecker@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Here´s a recent Google blog post, which refers to the world wide
launch of Google Pages. As seen that bands (like The All-American
Rejects, well done, guys ;-) ) and also companies (like Macy´s)
are
having such a pages account, we also should go for one. We
discussed about using Google+ for openSUSE in the past and
especially during release time, this could be helpfull.

So, here´s the blogpost:

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2011/11/google-pages-connect-with-a
ll-things.html

Anyone understood this and want to create such an account? I
haven´t understood really so far, but I just scanned the text to
see if openSUSE is allowed to use it at all.

I've created one, to experiment with it:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/104680212780779744464

What is not clear at all right now is how to add more people to
it... If it's only me (or whoever else), it's rather pointless

Right now, it's only you.

https://groups.google.com/a/googleproductforums.com/forum/#!topic/pages-
discuss/b_myFzopXV0

Will you be right now the admin and use it?

:\

To get the branded page, we need to do this:
https://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=1708844

I've put admin@o.o in CC.

Let's first discuss who will take care of Google+ until they have shared
administration - and then do this.

Andreas

Regards
Manu Gupta