[opensuse-marketing] Minutes from OpenSUSE Weekly News Team
  • From: "Sascha 'saigkill' Manns" <samannsml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 15:03:48 +0100
Present:
=======
* dl9pf
* saigkill
* Helios Reds
* slowhand

Topics:
======
1.) Weekly News Mascot
2.) New Templates
3.) IRC Meeting frequency

1.) Weekly News Mascot
=====================
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE_Weekly_News/Logo: We are waiting for the
official guidelines. Waiting to Board/Zonker.

2.) New Templates
================
It exists 2 Candidates:
* http://en.opensuse.org/OpenSUSE_Weekly_News/Template/icon-set-tango
* http://en.opensuse.org/OpenSUSE_Weekly_News/Template/icon-set-oxygen
The present people voted for Oxygen. But with the following changes:
The Sectionicon from "Planet SUSE" is to be changed to the original
*.png from PlanetSUSE. Board-icon -> opensuse logo as in tango
New/updated Icon is changed with an other.
We use the New Template in the next issue.

2.1) Problems with the new Template
==============================
We have an Problem, if we use /?p=1111 in the Feedback Section. Please
go to the Editpage of the Newsletter. In the Section Feedback you have
the following entry: {{Sablon:PointHere|[[Image:OWN-tango-FCG.png|
48px]]|
Here you must place an "2="at the End of the Line. Now you see:
{{Sablon:PointHere|[[Image:OWN-tango-FCG.png|48px]]|2=
Now the Template runs perfectly.

3.) IRC Chat frequency
==================
Now the official IRC Team Meeting is on every 3rd Saturay of every Month
at 12:00 UTC.
Every Saturday we meet us in Gobby, and have only an short IRC Session.
Only questions about the actual Newsletter. Other Topics we discuss in
the official Meetings.
The URL from this Meeting is under:
http://en.opensuse.org/OpenSUSE_Weekly_News/Meetings/20090117

--