[opensuse-marketing] Attracting Windows Users
  • From: Stephan Binner <stbinner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 12:58:41 +0200
Hello,

without doubt the current MS Windows users are the biggest chunk which we can
and want to make switch to openSUSE. But IMO we are are not targetting marke-
ting and development efforts to that goal enough. We have some good pieces in
place or development like InstLux[1] or Mango[2] and some (rather thin) docu-
mentation [3,4] but we can and should do better as others do a better job [5].

So any idea what are we missing, how to reach and help Windows users better
(this can be also feature requrests for future distro releases like [6])? :-)

For inspirations maybe also have a look at what Apple and its user community
are doing with the "Apple Switcher" campaign, tutorials and help sites.

Bye,
Steve

[0]
http://www.benkevan.com/blog/switching-from-windows-to-linux-what-you-need-to-know/