Re: [opensuse-marketing] spokesperson - first draft
  • From: Pascal Bleser <pascal.bleser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 01:37:51 +0200

Bryen wrote:
On Wed, 2008-10-01 at 11:09 +1300, Graham Lauder wrote:
Most of the above stuff I do on a regular basis and have become the
sort of defacto local OpenSuSE guy, however I would not be eligible to
become an OpenSuSE member because I don't contribute code and I'm not
greatly active on the website or wiki. However I'm bloody good at
standing up and addressing people, doing presentations, running
seminars and training courses and doing Demos. For instance I had a 4
station, OpenSuSE LTSP rig setup at the last Software Freedom Day and
had an OS 11 Boxed set (demoed an install next to an Ubuntu install
and
showed it up in terms of ease! Looked cooler too :D)

Don't let that stop you. If you're out there evangelizing openSUSE in
your presentations often enough, with the obvious intention of promoting
openSUSE, then you should definitely apply for membership.

... or not. The problem is that we need *verifiable* contributions.

While what Graham is doing is definitely valuable to the community, and
I'd like to thank Graham for doing so, it is not verifiable in any way.

You'd be surprised how many membership requests turned out to be lies
and damned lies.

We're aware of the fact that it is potentially unfair, but... "patches
are welcome". I'm (or rather, the upcoming board members will be) all
open for suggestions on how to handle such cases. But unless it can be
fixed, we should stick to activities that can be verified.

You may of course file a membership request anyway :)

[...]

cheers
- --
-o) Pascal Bleser <pascal.bleser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>