Re: [opensuse-marketing] spokesperson - first draft
  • From: Gabriel Fróes Franco <gffranco@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 20:06:04 -0300
Hi all.

IMHO. I think the name should have something that identify to the project.
One of the most important thing about marketing is keeping true to your
identity. So we usually use lizard and gecko to identify a suse user, and I
don't bother to translate it to portuguese when I'm talking to other users in
Brazil cause it simple doesn't make sense in portuguese to call someone
Lagarto and because Lizard has its charm. I think that a word that doesn't
have translation is easier to catch and you will know what the guy is
independent of the language he speaks.

:)

best,

Gabriel