Re: [opensuse-marketing] spokesperson - first draft
  • From: Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier <jbrockmeier@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 12:37:03 -0400
Stephen Shaw wrote:

This is a great idea. I'm glad to see this happening. I don't really
have any good suggestions right now, but as soon as I can think of sum
I'll post them. My only vote is that as far as naming goes lets keep it
different from ubuntu and fedora. Maybe something like Lizard... Think
about it, 'who is your local lizard?' :)

Hmmm...

Lizard leader?
Lizard wrangler?

I sort of like "Lizard wrangler" but I may be the only one. "Stephen Shaw, openSUSE Lizard Wrangler, Utah."

Maybe we need something away from "ambassador" and regional concept altogether:

openSUSE Green Team

(*Could include mentors who work online)

This does seem like a good thing for the new board to address in my
mind. The point of this is to grew the community. Maybe the top
candidates are ones that are members and are already involved in their
local area as a first round of local community managers?

Yes. We have a number of local members who are already doing a fine job, and I hope they will step up to work on this and mentor others.

Best,

Zonker
--
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier