Re: [opensuse-marketing] spokesperson - first draft
  • From: Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier <jbrockmeier@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 12:27:25 -0400
Bryen wrote:
All excellent questions. I'd be interested in seeing how we formulate
the hierarchy (for lack of a better word) of "spokesperson" per region.
For example, I could see 6 representatives for the United States
(because of its size) with one main representative coordinating the
efforts of all others. Similarly, perhaps that main representative
becomes assistant to a main continental or hemispheric
representative/coordinator. United Nations of openSUSE! :-)

Suggestions?

For the U.S. it's somewhat easy -- we can divide by regions (mid-west, northwest, mountain states, east coast, west coast, etc.) or by states, if we ever need to.

Ultimately, this may be a problem that it's best to solve when it actually comes up -- our first priority will be attracting and supporting the local organizers.

One question, whom do you see being responsible for designating such
titles on people? Novell/SUSE or the upcoming new Community Board? It
is a community position, but obviously budgeting, if any, is handled by
Novell.

Yes, budgeting will be handled by Novell. I have no objection to involving the board in some way, though -- I think this is a natural extension of the board's duties?

Martin will be the key contact for our $name_to_be_determined, by the way, and will be helping ensure coordination of resources, etc.

Best,

Zonker
--
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier