Re: [opensuse-m17n] Does our xim process need an update?
You need answer to my question I sent you before.

> 1, allow users to use some IMs before selecting IM at the first login
is useful.

What is some IMs?
This sentence is copied from you email, I just reference it here. because I support it.

During this 10 years, auto selecting have been useful for many people.
then, OK.
Could you please show me your grounds, How you get this conclusion?
That's why I said a reasonable way to select the "some IMs" is the "auto
selecting".

> 1, gnome-initial-setup (l don't get the reason why we deprecate,
> I don't find the reason in ML or any other docs.)

Are you sure that this means that we deprecates IM and IMFs (such as
fcitx and hime) other than IBus?
You can see previous emails:
Mr Takashi said we do not use gnome-initial-setup, and there already have a discussion.
I said I don't find the record, and don't know the reason.
For your question, I don't know what's your relationship between "gnome-initial-setup" and "deprecates IM and IMFs other than IBus",
To tell the true, I still don't know.

For below 2 question:
What I want to discuss are features.
We should make the final decision of features, then discuss the technical details, work load, child features under this decision. Right?

Fedora did because IBus is one of RedHad's products.
They achieve that flexible settings of IM as your idea by selecting
one input method framework.
Sure. I know that.
I want to say is, if customer want to select IM, we can let them make selection on this point, instead of auto selection.
Because we also can modify or extend or recreate our "gnome-initial-setup".

> 2, Create a selection table on GDM. it will call chameleon tongue's
desktop file
> later when customer successfully login.

Do you change lightdm, sddm, kdm, xdm as well as GDM to ask IM to use?
What I want to discuss are features.
We should provide the correct function to customer. that means we should select which your "*dm" is our support, and which is not.