Re: [opensuse-m17n] Does our xim process need an update?
  • From: Marguerite Su <i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2015 22:20:35 +0800
On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 10:06 PM, Takashi Iwai <tiwai@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I thought GTK3_* and QT4_* are superfluous nowadays as Gtk3 and Qt4
look at GTK_* and QT_* variables as well?

I borrowed that setting from Debian a long time ago, so I have no idea
what's going on now.
Since you and Wengxt both said so, I think they're superfluous now.

I guess a wrapper like

#!/bin/sh
. /usr/lib/input-method/profile.d/auto/env
exec "$@"

would work. But it's doubtful whether such a dynamic switch is really
demanded. Even with this mechanism, an application needs to be
restart in anyway. If a DE has some session management, it can
restart itself and restores the session after refreshing the
IM-related environment variables.

You mean, just sourcing a script then everything will be all right?

I'll test what you say...I'm not sure if DE session management will
refresh itself when environment variable got changed

Application restart is acceptable, I just don't want to relogin the DE...

If so, can we leave some space for 3rd party to step in? because if
input method framwork switch is doable, a YaST inputmethod won't be
too far away :-)