Re: [opensuse-m17n] Takao Fonts - community developed derivatives of IPA Fonts - are available.
  • From: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 09:06:25 +0100
At Wed, 24 Feb 2010 16:58:15 +0900,
<hitoht@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 00:04:06 +0900, <helios_reds@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Otherwise looks fine to me.
Feel free to submit first to M17N repo. Then we can adjust
fonts-config to put this as a preferred font, then eventually submit
to openSUSE 11.3.

Could you please rename *.otf to *.ttf? (This is our{Takao Font's
mainteners} todo, but current stuffs are not collected)

Because these are *not* real ".otf" (OpenType::Type1).
# Yes, this is originator's bug.

Sounds logical. Matsumoto-san, care to fix this and submit?

In this case/IMHO, font developer/maintener must use
".ttf" (extension for OpenType:TTF, and TTF files).

Just wondering, any practical problems using .otf extensions?
Or is it just the well-creased character of Japanese? ;-)

thanks,

Takashi