[opensuse-m17n] Introduce new Chinese font in openSUSE 11.3
  • From: "Ming Xi Wu" <mxwu@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2010 00:23:57 -0700
Hi all,

It's important for us to provide a suitable font for Chinese user after
FZSongti had been removed from openSUSE 11.1 because of license issue.

So, I'll propose WenQuanYi as the default Chinese font in openSUSE 11.3.

It's a free font released under GPLv2
(http://wenq.org/enindex.cgi?ZenHei%28en%29#Copyright_disclaimer_and_license
for details) and have a well appearance. Ohter distributions like Ubuntu have
already used this font.

Now, we have almost done the packaging at M17N repo and bnc#472268 for
tracking the process, I hope this can be introduced in 11.3.

BR,
Mingxi