Re: [m17n] SuSE 8.2 UTF8 install
  • From: Mike FABIAN <mfabian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 16:42:39 +0000 (UTC)
David Nettles <tetsuoni3000@xxxxxxxxxxx> さんは書きました:

> Can I install SuSE 8.2 to use UTF8 for everything? I have a SuSE 9.1
> environment where everything is UTF8, but I have some SuSE 8.2
> environments that I need to install. I really want them to particpate
> using UTF8 for filenames and text content (so that files wont have to
> be converted going from machine to machine).
>
> Is this doable?

Yes. SuSE 8.2 already works fine for UTF-8. Compared to newer
SuSE releases it has a few more bugs in an UTF-8 environment
but it is mostly OK.

Only the default after an installation is not UTF-8 for SuSE 8.2.

You just have to change the default system locale manually
after the installation. Just edit /etc/sysconfig/language and
run SuSEconfig afterwards.

--
Mike FABIAN <mfabian@xxxxxxx> http://www.suse.de/~mfabian
睡眠不足はいい仕事の敵だ。