What progs modify /etc/fonts/local.conf file?
  • From: Philip Amadeo Saeli <psaeli@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 21:55:36 +0000 (UTC)
SuSE Linux 9.2 Professional:

What program(s) modify the config file /etc/fonts/local.conf? It seems
to have been updated automatically recently. Also, the files
/etc/fonts/Fontmap and ~/.fonts.conf were also updated at the same time
(within one minute). I've already looked at fonts-config and that
doesn't seem to be it.

I'm chasing down some font problems on my system (related to Chinese
fonts) and am trying to figure out why the number of font entries listed
via the various utilities (e.g., xlsfonts, xfontsel, fc-list) keeps
changing even though I've not installed or removed any fonts nor have I
attempted to alter their configuration.

I did run the KDE Font Installer and simply browsed what fonts were
installed, but did not make any changes, though additional font entries
appeared after that run. Also, the fonts module of SuSEconfig runs
(along with all the other SuSEconfig modules) every time I install any
updates via YOU, and several font entries disappeared after the most
recent run. Help!

I've read through the Administration Guide section on X11 fonts as well
as the relevant sections of the suse-cjk web pages and anything else I
could get my hands on.

Thanks,

Phil

--