Re: [m17n] UTF-8 capable editors (was: xemacs/latex/Japanese and German in one document?)
  • From: Friedrich Dimmling <f.dimmling@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 06:49:30 +0000 (UTC)
For friends of KDE:

The KDE3 successor of KTeXmaker - now named Kile -, a rather comprehensive
and comfortable LaTeX editor from
http://xm1.net.free.fr/kile
works very well with both umlaut characters and Chinese characters mixed
using utf-8 encoding.
Start with

LC_CTYPE=zh_CN.UTF-8 kile

The sources from the above given address are translated without any problems
even on a SuSE 8.0 personal edition.

Friedrich

--
Friedrich Dimmling