Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-lxde (16 mails)

< Previous Next >
Re: [opensuse-lxde] lxde live cds and wiki
  • From: Lutz Thuns <mail@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 20:47:32 +0100

Il 15/03/2010 11:58, mail@xxxxxxxxxxx ha scritto:

please test them and provide feedback.

finally working fine for me ;)
will have a much closer look on it on mon/tue next week, testing all
possible features.

Any feedback?

My feedback for today's testing

To be added:
- wdfs
- flashplayer (if possible by license)
- gpicview
- an update to new released kernel 2.6.31.12-0.2 to get rid of that
shutdown bug (I think most recent kernel will be used for live cd anyway?)
- another media-player (but I have to reconsider that...)

Issues:
- I'm not able to switch language to German.
I can select language and keyboard layout at lxdm, desktop-language is
correctly set to German, but keyboard layout is still US. Change via
yast does not work. There is an error message on tty1 before login
regarding keyboard, will have to check that log.
Firefox is in English too. Perhaps that lang package is missing.

- time zone is not correct (+1h, might depend on above?)

- at desktop startup root password is asked for mounting /dev/sda1 (but
I presume that's normal?)

- I get a lot of messages on tty1 all the time. normally there should be
only the promt for login (at least that's on all my systems). looks like
those are the messages supposed for .xsession-errors. should have an eye
on that. will have a look whether those messages are in any log. tried
to copy it from tty1 but then the system froze...

Unfortunately I can not test the live installer, for I have no free HD
atm. But I think I can manage that during next weekend. But no promise
here ;-)

All other installed packages are just running fine.

That's all for today.

Regs
Lutz
(lotz1009)