RE: [opensuse-kubic] MicroOS custom image build
Think I saw it working with baremetal, as far as I remember.

But my question wasn't so much about the grow thing, but rather the image size
itself. For example, my custom-built image (which is in compressed qcow2
format) is somewhere between 400M and 600M, which is good. But, in order to be
able to use it in our Openstack implementation or in our metal deployer (MaaS,
from Canonical) , it needs to be in raw format, which is easily converted with
qemu-img. But then, the resulting image size is 24GB !!!! And guess what? 24GB
takes a rather long amount of time to upload through the management network,
which is typically a 1GB link.

So this is why I was asking where could I tell OBS to create a smaller image
(in fact, the smallest possible) where it would then grow to disk size once
installed.

If I'm not mistaking, MicroOS does not resize / (third partition). Instead, it
creates a 4th partition with the remaining size and assign it to something like
/var/lib/docker (or something like that).

--
Christian Tardif
Architecte principal infonuagique | Cloud computing senior Architect

Network IaaS
Bell Canada
671, de la Gauchetière Ouest, suite 527
Montréal (Québec) H3B 2M8
T : 514.391.6635, C : 514.237.6332, F : 514.391.6690
Email: christian.tardif@xxxxxxx