Re: [opensuse-kubic] MicroOS custom image build

Hi,

On Thu, Mar 14, Fabian Vogt wrote:

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, 14. März 2019, 19:35:42 CET schrieb Tardif, Christian:
One more question... Where is it where I can decide on the image size?
Actually, for our deployments, we need to have a raw image. So the
conversion comes from 400M or so up to 24G !!!! That's a important
charge on the network for an OS deployment and, anyway, the disk should
grow to take the remaining space, isn't it ?

Yes, if you use type="oem" the image grows automatically.
Just write the decompressed .raw to a drive and it'll expand to fill the
entire
disk on the first boot. So there's no need to specify a size manually.

This is the kiwi special initrd, or? To my knowledge, this does not
work with a read-only root filesystem. In this case, we normally use
the growfs functionality of cloud-init.

Thorsten
--
Thorsten Kukuk, Distinguished Engineer, Senior Architect SLES & MicroOS