Re: [opensuse-kubic] MicroOS custom image build
Hi Christian,

On Wed, 6 Mar 2019 at 17:08, Tardif, Christian <christian.tardif@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

We're starting to look at MicroOS as the base OS for our Kubernetes stacks.
And as we're now using RKE to deploy k8s, we're stuck with Docker right now.

So cool, thanks for letting us know!

Added to this, we have other things to customize in order to ease the OS
deployment (mostly targeting, but not limited to bare metal deployment)

Two questions here:
1) Can I (I assume yes) leverage kiwi to build a raw image (as our metal
deployer requires raw image)? If so, I haven't found how to do it in the
available docs

I think Fabian has already answered this question

2) Providing that everything is automated and standardized, using
cloud-init NoCloud datasource is not an option (as it's unlikely we'll be
having a connected unpartitioned disk to hold the cloud-init configuration),
and I haven't been able to make the LocalDisk datasource (again, I most
probably just haven't the docs required to make it work).

Um, I'm afraid I'm having a hard time under standing the question
here. What is the problems you've found with LocalDisk datasource?
Does it work if you put the required files in a /cloud-init-config
folder?

Regards,

Richard

Thanks!