Re: [opensuse-kubic] root login on Hyper-V image*s* of MicroOS KO

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 28, Jimmy PIERRE wrote:

On Thu, 28 Feb 2019 at 12:51, Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@xxxxxxx> wrote:

That's described on the Kubic:Installation page:
https://en.opensuse.org/Kubic:Installation#
Images_for_x86_64_virtualisation_environments

You need to set a password or add your ssh keys with cloud-init.
An example cloud-init config file can be found here:
https://en.opensuse.org/Kubic:MicroOS/cloud-init#
Example_configuration_for_openSUSE_Micro

Thanks for stepping in! I undersrand. If I create my own vm with the iso, is
there a reason why the images would be better (size, tuning, updates etc.)?

If you create install your virtual machine or bare metal hardware
with YaST, you are more flexible what and how to install and you
don't need to fiddle around with cloud-init to be able to login.

If you use the images, they are preconfigured, so faster to
deploy, but you are less flexible and you need to play with cloud-init.
If you use KVM or VMware, it shouldn't matter what you use,
but since cloud-init is really slow, I would install with YaST
and not install cloud-init. On OpenStack I would use the image.

And the documentation to survive do exist please?

Which documentation are you missing? There is the Kubic portal
in the openSUSE wiki and were you can find many documentation
(only look at the above examples), enough to setup a kubernetes
cluster at your own.

Thorsten

--
Thorsten Kukuk, Distinguished Engineer, Senior Architect SLES & MicroOS