[opensuse-kubic] Training Manifests in OpenSUSE Github
  • From: "J. S. Evans" <jsevans@xxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2018 08:00:10 +0000
Hi all,

I meant to post this last week but spent most of the time in bed sick.

I would like to add the K8ts manifests and Helm charts that we use for
the official CaaSP training courses in the OpenSUSE Github. They would
be open-sourced and available for users to test and use on Kubic
primarily and open for pushes from the OpenSUSE community.

I would only be uploading Kubernetes manifests, Helm charts, and brief
descriptions. We will not be uploading actual SUSE course material such
as PDF's etc.

As we spoke in the Kubic meeting last week, one thing that I would like
to come out of these manifests, etc. is a Kubic-centric alternative to
Redhat's http://kubernetesbyexample.com/ on the OpenSUSE wiki.

What I am asking is to be added to the OpenSUSE org in Github and a new
public repository and admin rights for only that repository so that I
can approve pull requests (if that is possible).

Here are some examples of the exercises for the CaaSP 3 training course
that I can share now. There will be more and different exercises in
the future.

Deploy a Simple Pod
Delete and then Redeploy a Deployment
Expose a Service Running in a Pod
Update a Pod
Update a Pod Via Rolling Updates
Scale a Deployment
Use Environment Variables in a Pod
Deploy a Stateful App with Volume Storage
Configure NFS Persistent Storage
Configure Persistent Storage with a NFS StorageClass
Define and Access a Secret in Kubic
Define Limits for Containers and Pods
CaaS Platform Network and Logs
Create a Helm Repository