Re: [opensuse-kubic] daemonsets on kubernetes master
On Thu, 2018-10-04 at 14:46 +0200, Thorsten Kukuk wrote:
Hi,

Currently we don't schedule daemonsets on the kubernetes master with
kubeadm.
But there are quite some usefull daemonsets for rebooting the
cluster
(kured), logging and monitoring (fluentd, prometheus, ...), which all
make only sense if they would run on the kubernetes master, too.
On CaaSP we allowed daemonsets on the kubernetes master for that
reason.

What is our plan with Kubic? How should this work there?

By default, kubeadm clusters will allow scheduling certain workloads to
the masters - i.e. what we did in CaaSP brought us into sync with what
kubeadm does..

To have a DaemonSet (or Deployment, StatefulSet, etc) run on the
masters - their manifests will need to specify that they tolerate this
via:

      tolerations:
      - key: node-role.kubernetes.io/master
        operator: Exists