Re: [opensuse-kernel] Re: CONFIG_HID_BATTERY_STRENGTH on x86
On Sat, 29 Mar 2014, Jean Delvare wrote:

On Mon, 24 Mar 2014, Jean Delvare wrote:

Don't we want that feature enabled in i386 and x86_64 config files as
well? And maybe even arm64 and ppc*? I mean, wireless keyboards can be
used on any system, can't they?

I am fine with this. Thanks Jean.

You're welcome. I've only enabled it in i386 and x86_64 kernels for now,
as I don't know exactly which devices implement the feature so I am not
sure how likely it is that such devices would be plugged on arm64, ppc
or ppc64 systems.

In principle currently any system that has USB or Bluetooth support should
be considered.

I don't think this makes sense for I2C-connected peripherals.

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs