Re: [opensuse-kernel] Running mkinitrd in %posttrans?
On 3/18/14, 5:49 AM, Andreas Schwab wrote:
Cristian Rodríguez <crrodriguez@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Yes, you can do that.. however...AFAIK it will require a change in zypp to
be effective, since last time I checked, packages were installed one by
one and not in a one-shot RPM transaction.

libzypp in Factory now collects all %posttrans scriptlets into
/var/adm/update-scripts and executes them at the end.

\o/

Yes, please. There are so many packages other than just the kernel that
cause a mkinitrd to be invoked. I would be very happy for that to happen
just once.

Question, though: What happens if the kernel package is updated and the
transaction is interrupted? Is the old kernel package still around?
Would we end up with an unbootable system?

-Jeff

--
Jeff Mahoney
SUSE Labs