Re: [opensuse-kernel] [OT] PathScale packaging bounty
  • From: Michal Marek <mmarek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 14:53:50 +0200
On 24.8.2010 14:40, "C. Bergström" wrote:
Michal Marek wrote:
On 23.8.2010 18:03, "C. Bergström" wrote:
What I ended up resorting to was installing the source package, using
the traces config and manually building the kernel. By doing that I got
the running kernel to match the sources at /usr/src/linux and was able
to achieve both #1 and #2 from above..

zypper in kernel-trace kernel-trace-devel kernel-source

should be all you need (make sure all of them are at the same version).
Yeah that's the next problem, but don't I also need kernel-syms to build
drivers?

No, kernel-syms is just a metapackage that pulls kernel-*-devel packages. And since you only want to build against the trace flavor, kernel-trace-devel is enough.

Current versions..

kernel-trace-2.6.36-rc2.19.1.x86_64.rpm
<https://build.opensuse.org/package/binary?arch=x86_64&filename=kernel-trace-2.6.36-rc2.19.1.x86_64.rpm&package=kernel-trace&project=home%3Apathscale&repository=SLE_11>
kernel-syms-2.6.36-rc2.25.1.x86_64.rpm
<https://build.opensuse.org/package/binary?arch=x86_64&filename=kernel-syms-2.6.36-rc2.25.1.x86_64.rpm&package=kernel-syms&project=home%3Apathscale&repository=SLE_11>
kernel-source-2.6.36-rc2.12.1.noarch.rpm
<https://build.opensuse.org/package/binary?arch=x86_64&filename=kernel-source-2.6.36-rc2.12.1.noarch.rpm&package=kernel-source&project=home%3Apathscale&repository=SLE_11>

home:pathscale/kernel-syms also has
<bcntsynctag>kernel-source</bcntsynctag>, but it doesn't appear to help
even after a manual trigger.. Should I just be patient because build
service is busy or how to get all packages in sync?

The _link files need to have cicount="copy" in them. But I am wondering why are you rebuilding the kernel packages at all? You are not adding any patches, so why don't you simply use the packages from Kernel:HEAD?

Michal