Re: [opensuse-kernel] MMC/SD Card reader on openSUSE 11.3
  • From: Jeff Mahoney <jeffm@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 11:31:37 -0400

On 08/13/2010 11:30 AM, Greg KH wrote:
On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 05:05:04PM +0200, Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
On 08/13/2010 at 4:03 PM, Jeff Mahoney <jeffm@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Just a follow-up from my side: It seems I might be lucky with kernel
2.6.36:
about 40 hours ago, two checkins addressing ricoh SD Card readers were
added to the tree. One containing exactly the IDs of my specified card
reader....

so all we need now are packages :)

Can you post the commit ids?

Of course:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commitdiff;h=ccc92c23240cdf952ef7cc39ba563910dcbc9cbe
and
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commitdiff;h=568133ebda39f7507759a744fa9cf4d5097bad2f

That's all I saw, and they are commited together...

Ah, nice, those are simple patches, I'll queue them up in the next round
of -stable kernel updates which will trickle back to the opensuse
kernels in a few weeks.

If I go add these to the kernel-of-the-day, can you test it out tomorrow
to see if it solves your problem?

I'm going to build a test 11.3 kernel to make sure that there aren't any
missing bits they depend on first.

- -Jeff

- --
Jeff Mahoney