Re: [opensuse-kernel] update/11.2-test Kernel 2.6.31.8-0.1-desktop - 2nd disk & USB Mass storage swapped drive letters
  • From: Rob OpenSuSE <rob.opensuse.linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 20:17:00 +0000
2009/12/19 Marcus Meissner <meissner@xxxxxxx>:
On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 01:07:30PM +0000, Rob OpenSuSE wrote:

You need to update the preload-kmp-desktop the same time as kernel-desktop
itself.

Yes, things seem fine now, I mentioned it to avoid misleading. I had
to alter the zypp.conf to have multi-version working so I was being
ueber-cautious, but missed the preload initially I think.

For the others some error messages would be helpful ...
Not sure about the USB renames, but they should not matter really as USB
mass storage devices can easily different /dev/sdX any time they are plugged
in.

Yes, but the static hard disks have generally been assigned first,
it's first time I have seen USB disk take sdb, rather than higher
letters so I thought I'd report it.