[opensuse-kernel] Re: [opensuse-factory] Hardware enablement in kernel updates
  • From: Stefan Seyfried <stefan.seyfried@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 20:06:01 +0100
Hi Jeff,

first: I generally agree with Hubert: "making people happy is good".
Additionally, I am not really affected as I am running FACTORY anyway ;)
Just one question...

On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 20:09:59 -0500
Jeff Mahoney <jeffm@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

The particular driver I was asked about is completely standalone. I
don't have a problem including it since it won't affect anything else.

Then it should be easy to build it as a KMP and provide via the
buildservice, shouldn't it?

(I'm not saying that this is better for the user or anything, just
pointing out that there is another option)

... and the time saved by not updating the boring old stable kernel of
openSUSE could be spent by even more frequent kernel updates for
FACTORY!

:-P

Have fun,

seife