Re: [opensuse-kernel] tracer in 2.6.32...
  • From: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 19:12:03 +0100
At Wed, 2 Dec 2009 18:51:57 +0100,
Matthias Hopf wrote:

Hey all,

any particular reason why approximately all tracers in the kernel are
not compiled as modules by default in 2.6.32rc?
In particular, I'm interested in the sysprof tracer, because I use
sysprof every now and then. I checked the config, and all
CONFIG_*_TRACER are not set.

I don't see the reasoning behind that ATM, as the according tracer can
only be loaded and activated by root.

I also don't know the reason, but doesn't perf work enough for you?

Takashi