Re: [opensuse-kernel] Re: opensuse 11.0 kernel patch justification needed from you
  • From: Jean Delvare <jdelvare@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 16:22:48 +0100
Le mercredi 27 février 2008, Thomas Renninger a écrit :
On Thu, 2008-02-21 at 16:12 +0100, Jean Delvare wrote:
Le mardi 05 février 2008, Greg KH a écrit :
Jean Delavare:
Are these going to be in 2.6.25:

patches.arch/check-for-acpi-resource-conflicts-in-hwmon-drivers.patch

patches.arch/check-for-acpi-resource-conflicts-in-i2c-bus-drivers.patch
(...)

Linus didn't like them, so they are unlikely to make it into 2.6.25.
Discussions are going on with regards to how this feature should be
implemented.

I'd vote to keep them for a while and remove them at late Beta 11.0
stage or simply disable the messages by setting default param to be
quiet (->might help to solve an ugly bug later by enabling and report
possible interference via boot param in a related bug report).

Hopefully we get some reports via bugzilla.novell.com and can report
them and discuss it upstream then.

Like that we might get a clearer picture about possible interference on
specific BIOSes without polluting the mainline kernel with a temporary
debug patch.

What do you think?

I would keep the patches in openSuse 11.0, if Greg is OK with that. I
agree that it will help with support. I would even let the setting to
"lax", it's not like the log message is really frightening, and this
will save one round-trip in bugzilla.

--
Jean Delvare
Suse L3