Re: [opensuse-kernel] opensuse 11.0 kernel patch justificationneeded from you
  • From: "Jan Beulich" <jbeulich@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 08:40:49 +0000

I just realized this one's mine, too (it does say so in the header) - it was
NAKed upstream as the bridge maintainer thinks that (explicit) unloading
the bridge module should have the effect of bringing down all bridges.
It was agreed upon, though, that implicit unloading of the bridge module
should be prevented by some (supposedly being thought of but not yet
implemented mechanism). Since we have no better way to fix the
underlying bug, I'd suggest keeping the patch.

Jan