[opensuse-kernel] Re: opensuse 11.0 kernel patch justification needed from you
  • From: Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 20:26:23 -0800
On Wed, Feb 06, 2008 at 08:38:18AM +0100, Hannes Reinecke wrote:
Greg KH wrote:
Hi all,

[ .. ]

patches.fixes/libiscsi-missing-semicolon.diff
Should be fixed upstream by now.

ok.

patches.fixes/loop-barriers
patches.fixes/loop-barriers2
patches.fixes/proc-scsi-scsi-fix.diff

This is a fix for /proc/scsi/scsi for large number of devices.
hch didn't accept this a it fixes an obsolete interface.

Yeah, I remember that. What about the loop patches?

Hannes Reinecke
Why aren't these upstream:
patches.arch/s390-ccwgroup-attribute-ignore-newline
They promised me it would; I'll have to resend it.

Please do.

patches.fixes/dm-mpath-hp-sw.patch
Already is.

patches.fixes/megaraid_mbox-dell-cerc-support
It's Megaraid. 'They will look into it'.

Yeah right :)

patches.fixes/mptbase-vmware-fix
Workaround for broken VMWare emulation. Vetoed upstream as VMWare
should fix their emulation. Which they did in later versions.
However, older VMWare installation still require it.

Do we still support older vmware installs? I didn't think we did,
especially as they need to upgrade their kernel modules with our kernel
releases.

thanks,

greg k-h