Re: [opensuse-kernel] opensuse 11.0 kernel patch justification needed from you
  • From: Jan Kara <jack@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 14:55:59 +0100
On Tue 05-02-08 14:10:07, Greg KH wrote:
No more maintainer, or no valid "Signed-off-by:" from a Novell developer:
I'm going to drop these, unless someone really feels that they should
be in our kernel tree. If so, please let me know by the end of the
week. Maybe I should just throw them at lkml, as we are using them
for some reason. If they don't stick, they should probably be
gone...
patches.fixes/bridge-module-get-put.patch
patches.fixes/do_anonymous_page-race
Maybe worth submitting but I'd think it's not really needed because when
we submit bio we should have pages/buffers locked and unlocking is a
barrier if I'm right.

patches.fixes/grab-swap-token-oops
patches.fixes/ieee1394-sbp2_long_sysfs_ieee1394_id.patch
patches.fixes/ipv6-no-autoconf
patches.fixes/oom-warning
patches.fixes/parport-mutex
patches.fixes/remount-no-shrink-dcache
Hmm, this is just a hack to hide latency problem in shrink_dcache_sb().
I'm not sure if mainline still has the problem. If it still has it, we
should fix it differently (check for lock contention and drop the lock if
there is some).

patches.fixes/seccomp-disable-tsc-option
patches.fixes/tiocgdev
patches.fixes/tulip-quad-NIC-ifdown
patches.suse/connector-read-mostly
patches.suse/crasher-26.diff
patches.suse/filp-slab-rcu
patches.suse/lockd-max-hosts-dynamic (and other lockd stuff,
should all be dropped I
feel, as we don't have
anyone who cares about
it anymore here...)
patches.suse/netfilter-ipt_LOG-mac
patches.suse/sysctl-add-affinity_load_balancing
patches.suse/twofish-2.6 (We gotta be able to drop this one
now, right? If not, why isn't it
upstream?)
patches.suse/unmap_vmas-lat

Honza