Re: [opensuse-kernel] Re: opensuse 11.0 kernel patch justification needed from you
  • From: Andi Kleen <ak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 09:44:07 +0100
On Wednesday 06 February 2008 08:46:14 Jan Beulich wrote:
Jan Beulich:
Why isn't this upstream?:
patches.suse/stack-unwind

The code was in mainline for a couple of releases and the kicked out
again for philosophical (I would call it) reasons. Andi and I are in
agreement that it should be re-submitted to mainline at some point,
but we clearly need to make sure the time (and the code) is right for
a second try.

Yes, the idea was to get it even more testing and then eventually resubmit.
Also it's a very valuable feature that is definitely worth carrying even out
of tree -- reliable backtraces make it much easier to look at oopses.

-Andi