[opensuse-kernel] Re: opensuse 11.0 kernel patch justification needed from you
  • From: Hannes Reinecke <hare@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 08:38:18 +0100
Greg KH wrote:
Hi all,

[ .. ]

patches.fixes/libiscsi-missing-semicolon.diff
Should be fixed upstream by now.

patches.fixes/loop-barriers
patches.fixes/loop-barriers2
patches.fixes/proc-scsi-scsi-fix.diff

This is a fix for /proc/scsi/scsi for large number of devices.
hch didn't accept this a it fixes an obsolete interface.

Hannes Reinecke
Why aren't these upstream:
patches.arch/s390-ccwgroup-attribute-ignore-newline
They promised me it would; I'll have to resend it.

patches.fixes/dm-mpath-hp-sw.patch
Already is.

patches.fixes/megaraid_mbox-dell-cerc-support
It's Megaraid. 'They will look into it'.

patches.fixes/mptbase-vmware-fix
Workaround for broken VMWare emulation. Vetoed upstream as VMWare
should fix their emulation. Which they did in later versions.
However, older VMWare installation still require it.

Cheers,

Hannes
--
Dr. Hannes Reinecke zSeries & Storage