[opensuse-kernel] Re: opensuse 11.0 kernel patch justification needed from you
  • From: Bernhard Walle <bwalle@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 08:05:52 +0100
* Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxx> [2008-02-05 23:10]:

Bernhard Walle
Why aren't these upstream:
patches.arch/ppc-fix-prpmc2800

It was a temporary binutils workaround, it was from a mailing list
posting. So it didn't make sense to submit upstream because if it
would, the Author had done already. I'll test if the patch is needed
at all ...

patches.drivers/igb-2007-12-11

The IGB network driver. Intel started already 2 submissions for that
driver and still tries to work with the netdev maintainer to get the
driver accepted. However, we need the driver internally to test
several machines, and KMPs are not an option since we need the network
device during installation. Since SP2 and SP4 have the driver it's bad
for us if we cannot install the latest kernel release on the latest
hardware, and therefore, please keep the driver until it's mainline.
It doesn't touch any other files in the kernel tree.

Bernhard